5.12.2010

A few of her favorite things

Jersi and I have had to get creative with things to keep her entertained in our little 900 sq. ft. apartment. Here's what we've come up with.

Going up and down the stairs.
She loves to climb up the stairs. For fear that her journey will end, she stops right before the very top step. She then stands up holding onto the handrail and tries to go DOWN the stairs (scary!). She gets such a kick out of holding onto the handrail. I think she feels like a big girl when she does it.

Playing with our 1960-something vacuum cleaner.
I tell her that I'm going to vacuum and she starts running around in circles. Once I turn the vacuum on, she runs up to it then abruptly stops, turns around, and runs away as fast as she can yelling. She's obviously frightened by it but must also like it because once I turn it off, she goes right up to it and starts playing with it.

Her Daddy's shoes.
She loves to put them on and wave to us. She also likes to bring our shoes to us and set them on top of our feet. It's funny because she'll pick up Jase's shoes and lug them across the whole room crying because they're so heavy for her. Silly little girl, just don't pick them up!

And last, but definately not least, is books!
I seriously think she might be obsessed. When she was really young I could read all day to her and she would love it. Then she went through a phase where she didn't want anything to do with them. Now it's like she has a one track mind when she's with her books and I think at least two thirds of her day is spent flipping through the pages, pointing to, and yelling at, all the pictures.
Such a precious little munchkin!

1 comment:

Nikki Nichols said...

Okay so that book cracks me up... Beckett and his best friend Parker have that book, and we joke that its their bible. Beckett has recently taken to sleeping with it at night now too! I am so glad you guys can find fun ways to spend your days inside! Somtimes its a little crazy huh :)